Hard decision

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at pathfinder.phys.utk.edu
Wed Mar 22 19:01:05 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 11:38, Mariano López Reta wrote:
> Fellow co-listers:
<snip>
> I'm downloading both x86-64 and i386 versions of FC5, so the big
> question is: should I "downgrade" to i386 in order to get all firefox
> plugins,

I run 32-bit version of Firefox in on 64-bit environment. No problem at all
with plugins, etc.

> less compilation hassles when compiling 3rd-party stuff,

I've never had any hassles doing any compilation of 3rd-party stuffs (I've
done a lot of those). Furthermore, 32-bit compatibility libraries are
installed with 64-bit version (or you can always install those with no
conflict), so there is no problem also is you have to link/run 32-bit apps.

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Dept. Physics and Astronomy