bittorrent slow

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed Mar 22 20:12:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 02:56 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Florin Andrei wrote:
> > I would go as far as saying that everyone should do that, but of course
> > everyone using different ports.
> > If nothing else, it would force ISPs to do layer 4 shaping, which is
> > more expensive. Make the bastards bleed a little.
>
> What an attitude. These people work hard trying to provide a good
> service, and this is the thanks they get.
>
> Try saying something like that to your waiter next time.

I will certainly do that if the waiter forces me to choose or reject
certain dishes in such a way as to maximize his profit, with no
connection to my needs or desires whatsoever.

And I was referring mostly to US ISPs, which are about 4.37 geological
ages behind, say, their peers in certain asian or european countries.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/