FC5 Installation turned out to be a disaster

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Wed Mar 22 21:32:47 UTC 2006

I installed the FC5 release on Tuesday but I experienced a problem I have never
had with any redhat or fedora releases. The anaconda could not detect my vidio
graphics card. This is a nvidia geforce FX 5200 card. This card has been detected
on previous installs (FC4). Because of this I did not get a graphical install.
The install took 2 and a half hours (fresh install). As such no xorg.conf file
was produced. System-config-display aborted. Because of this I had no X window
capability. This is totally unexceptable. I had to go back and reinstall FC4.
I know fedora is a bleeding edge distribution but this is not accepted. I am
seriously thinking of switching distributions.

--
Richard Miles
Federal Way WA. USA