FC5 CiscoVPN

Marc Schwartz MSchwartz at mn.rr.com
Wed Mar 22 21:53:15 UTC 2006

Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> Terry Snyder wrote:
>> I installed the CiscoVPN client 4.7.00 (0640) on FC5 and I can't get
>> it to load, I get the following error message.
>
> Have you tried vpnc instead?
>
> http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/vpnc/
>
> The is all in userspace, so no kernel module is required.
>
> Works fine in FC4, will try FC5 in near future.
>
> Mogens

There is an updated Cisco VPN client version 4.8 that is required to run
with the more recent kernels. This is what I am using under FC4. I have
not yet updated to 5, but will be as soon as time permits.

There are patches floating that I have seen to update 4.7, but if you
can locate 4.8, that would be a better option. The patches were posted
on this list back towards the end of last year as I recall.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz