Re: If Some Brave Soul Tries a Yum Update to FC5 . . .

Hello,
Am Montag, den 20.03.2006, 12:49 -0500 schrieb David Cary Hart:
> Please let us know. I realize that this method is UNSUPPORTED but I
> have been doing this on the mail/web server since FC2 without problem
> (maybe I have just been lucky).

done.

Had to remove some packages first:

# yum remove hpoj perl-RPM2 lvm2-cluster iiimf-le-sun-thai iiimf-qt

Had to remove any kernel oder than 2.6.14

Went fine.

Have to say, that I've done it on a fc4 FULL installation without any
packages from external repositories.

Regards,
Ingo