bittorrent slow

sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 22 23:14:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:45:51 -0600
Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> They don't sell you a link of a given bandwidth and then tell you
> how you can use it. They license you to use *their* equipment, and
> then tell you how you can use *their* equipment. And you *agree*
> to the terms when you sign up to use *their* equipment.

You're right of course, but they won't get *my* money unless they can
provide the service i want, which includes a sizeable chunk of download
and upload bandwidth.   Luckily, many DSL providers are more than
happy to undercut and out service the cable companies today.

It's easy to be jealous of the Japanese though who are so far ahead of
us, having much greater penetration of fiber to the home with 100Mbit
download _and_ upload speeds for little more than we pay for a rate
limited cable connection here.

Cheers,
Sean