File System

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 00:56:35 UTC 2006

On 3/22/06, Gordon Messmer <yinyang at eburg.com> wrote:
> Edward Dekkers wrote:
> >
> > Maybe we need to purchase 30" LCDs with a 3200x2000 resolution so no
> > more scrolling is needed?
> >
> > It beats explaining courtesy every time this happens.
> >
> > I'll place my order now - shall I grab you one too?
>
> Oh, sure...  Toss in a couple of extra hard drives so I can archive all
> of my mailing list traffic rather than tossing it out, too. ;)

Gmail - listserv's best friend.  Approaching 3 gigs of storage.
Searchable to find that posting from 6 mths ago on a particular topic.
 I gave up trying to ave & sort it on my local computer after a few
crashes.  When Gmail came along it solved everything once I got used
to the idea of labels instead of folders.  Now I not only Google the
web when I have a problem, but Google my Gmail account for previous
postings that may have already covered the topic.

Jacques B.