FC5: Disable SELinux for desktop usage, wait for policy update?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Mar 23 03:00:15 UTC 2006

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Gérard Milmeister wrote:
>> Since the current selinux configuration seems to break many things,
>> among others:
>> - USB scanner access
>> - USB harddrive mounting
>> would this entail, that selinux on FC5 is unsuitable for desktop
>> usage, and only useful for servers? Is there a chance that
>> policy updates will come, that correct these things?
>> SELinux on FC4 was pretty painless, so the ideas for
>> the new SELinux policies surprise me a bit.
>>
> Yes we will be updating policy today.  SELinux in FC5 is suitable for
> desktop.
>
> I have created a yum repository for FC5 on
> ftp://people.redhat.com/dwalsh/SELinux/FC5
>
> This has an updated tool chain for SELinux and an updated policy.  These
> will also be available for FC5 test updates tonight.  If everything goes
> ok, they will be updated in a few days.
>
> Dan

Thanks! I had a dep error with the attached repo file.

Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package libselinux-devel.i386 0:1.30-1.fc5 set to be updated
---> Package libselinux.i386 0:1.30-1.fc5 set to be updated
---> Package libselinux-python.i386 0:1.30-1.fc5 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libsetrans >= 0.1.20-1 for package: libselinux
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libsetrans >= 0.1.20-1 is needed by package
libselinux

Jim

--
Do more than anyone expects, and pretty soon everyone will expect more.