Are Livna and FreshRPMS compatible?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Mar 23 04:00:09 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 21:05 +0100, M Daniel R M wrote:
> > My name is Extras.  My wife (Livna) is compatible with me.  My
> > mistress (Rpmforge) is compatible with me.  They are not compatible
> > with each other.
> >
> > --
> > Chris
>
> So..., never, never propose a "ménage-à-trois" ;-)
----
Life is more interesting when you propose such an arrangement - to be
sure.

Back to reality though...
I managed to keep livna/rpmforge both enabled with FC-4 without
disaster.  Sometimes you just gotta exclude stuff from one or the other
though.

# grep exclude /etc/yum.repos.d/*
/etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo:exclude=xine xine-skins xine-lib
/etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo:#exclude=xine xine-lib xine-skins

and I think at one point, I was excluding ffmpeg or whatever the package
was.

Craig