Are Livna and FreshRPMS compatible?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Mar 23 04:13:54 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 16:39 -0800, Florin Andrei wrote:

> I know for a fact that Livna is compatible with Extras/Updates/Fedora.
> All other repos - I just download/install packages manually.
>
> No, I lied - I do configure ATrpms in yum, but I disable it in the .repo
> file and, when I am using it, I add --enablerepo=atrpms to the yum
> parameters. I only install MythTV from ATrpms anyway, and nothing else.

What I tend to do is download the src.rpm for what I want from the
rpmforge repos. Then I sometimes clean up the spec file to how I like
them, since I will then be maintaining it myself as updates are made
available.

I build the rpm on my system, so that it links against the shared
libraries in core/updates/extras/livna

There have been several times (primarily with multimedia apps) where
rebuilding the rpm was all that was needed to make it work beautifully
with the extra/livna repos.