Re: Anybody doing AIGLX on FC5 yet?

Douglas Phillipson wrote:
I've installed FC5 and done everything from these instructions:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RenderingProject/aiglx
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RenderingProject/AiglxOnFedora

But no 3D effects are apparent using GNOME/metacity. Anyone get it working? I'm using an ATI Radeon 7000 card which I believe is supported.

Is it possible to use metacity and get the 3D desktop effects with KDE?

KDE uses a different window manager than GNOME (metacity). I believe both should be able to take advantage of X improvements with adding features to their individual window managers.

Doug P

Jim