Re: FC5 64 to 32???

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 21:47 +0200, Ter Strom wrote:
> is there possible to change FC5 from 64 to 32 without losing all the
> setings or must i reinstall the system completly???

Well, I just got bitten badly trying to go the other way (i386->x86_64)
via upgrade, so I would not count on being able to do so cleanly.

I suggest saving off /home, /etc/ and other settings/user data and
reinstalling from scratch. Settings are generally OK, binaries not so
much...

You can of course run i386 Fedora perfectly well on 64bit HW (as I did
for FC4)

Michael Fleming.

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming enlartenment com>
"Bother" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"