Small problems with FC5 after new install

André Fettouhi Andre.Fettouhi at exp2.physik.uni-giessen.de
Thu Mar 23 07:32:58 UTC 2006

I've just did a fresh install of FC5 and it's looking really good bur I
have few small issues.

1.   Can't copy and paste things in firefox like web addresses and etc.
neither in or out but that's only as a user as root I can.

2.   When I use the file manager in su mode and edit a file or touch a
file I get the error and window "Couldn't connect DCOP signal. Won't
receive any status notifications!".

3.   On the desktop I can't see my mounted partitions at all even though
I've configured the desktop to show them.

I hope fellow fedora users and help answer these questions ;-).

Kind Regards

André Fettouhi

Cand.Scient. André Fettouhi
Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen