httpd.conf problems

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 14:19:55 UTC 2006

> Check also for this:
>
> apache logs: /var/log/httpd/
> error_log = Logs all errors
> access_log = Logs access to the server
>
> /var/log/audit/audit.log = check for entries with httpd
>
> and also, try with netstat -ta, perhaps port 443 is already in use?
>
> HTH
> Roger
>

> --

Thanks for those tips.  Got it to work afterwards and posted with the
same subject line, plus SOLVED at the end hence.  The issue was
actually with SELinux.  I wasn't using a standard port (put 443 there,
but bad example since it is a standard httpd port) hence was in
violation of SELinux policy.  Found a site that walked me through
changing SELinux using semanage to add the non-standard port I was
using and it now works.  Still can't get the .htaccess & .htpasswd
access control to work however.

Jacques B