Random Lockups

Good afternoon;

Using a Dell Power Edge 1400 server with 2x1.13GHz CPUs, this machine
has been running fine for years.  Today I'm seeing random lockups.  I
can just be setting at a command problem and it's hung.  I can't even go
back and look at the /var/log/messages file until after I reboot and it
doesn't show anything adverse at all.  After reboot I look at dmesg and
everything is fine, for a while.

What would be my best way at tracking this problem that???  Thanks!

:b!

Brian D. McGrew { brian visionpro com || brian doubledimension com }
--
> Those of you who think you know it all,
  really annoy those of us who do!