vfat vs. ntfs

I have a need for a partition for sharing files
between fedora and windows boots.

I was using vfat for it. I re-did my partitions when I
installed fc5. I made it a vfat, but I was wondering
if ntfs writes are any better than they used to be.

I'd rather use ntfs than vfat, but not is writing
under linux is really slow.

╔══╗
║ j≈
╚══╝