Nvidia and Fedora 3-5

Steven Pasternak stevenp500 at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 23 22:36:39 UTC 2006

Hi! I have been using Fedora since core 1, and since core 3, nvidia has
always caused a problem. I always have to jump through hoops to get it
to work. How come? On SuSE 9-10 Nvidia has never caused a problem. It
doesn't complain that the kernel module can't be built or something
weird like that. I was able to get it to work with core 5, but I had to
get a new kernel, recompile an rpm, and install a boot-script (found out
how on fedoraforums.org)!! What is up with that?
-Steven