VNC Server Question

Ed Smith esmith at bcc.ctc.edu
Thu Mar 23 23:14:00 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Still kind of new to Linux, trying to set up VNC Server so I can access the
machine remotely from Windows. My /etc/sysconfig/vncservers file looks like
this, currently:

VNCSERVERS="1:ed"
VNCSERVERARGS[1]="-geometry 1024x768 -depth 16"

So far when I connect all I get is a grey screen with a terminal window.
I've also tried commenting out the lines in the vncservers file and
launching the vncserver from command line with the following command:

vncserver :1 -name ed -depth 16 -geometry 1024x768

When I connect with the VNC client I see the same display. I'd really
appreciate if someone would tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance!

Edward