am I getting old (lead fingered), or have my mice been taking steroids

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Fri Mar 24 02:16:43 UTC 2006

On Thu March 23 2006 10:51 am, Craig White wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 22:04 -0500, Claude Jones wrote:
> > OK - with a subject line like that, this is going to be a letdown.
> > On two separate FC4 machines, my mice have suddenly acquired deep
> > sensivity - no, they aren't crying every time I click, but they are
> > taking single clicks and treating them as double. I'm skimming mail, for
> > instance, and I click on the next message arrow, and two messages are
> > marked read and the third message gets displayed. If I click on a message
> > in the list to see it in the reading pane, it opens up its own window.
> > Doesn't happen every time, but, it's happening with increasing frequency
> > - like many times a day. I tried playing with the KDE (I'm running
> > KDE-Redhat) sensitivity setting, but it didn't seem to help.
>
> ----
> try a different mouse

Been replying to your suggestions all day, but none of posts from work made it
to the list today. Not sure why. Anyhow, I'm not sure about Gene's and
Craig's theory, since it happened on two computers at the same time - that's
why I was looking for changes-in-software explanations; however, I will try a
new mouse, tomorrow.

As I was mulling this issue, and preparing my food this lunch time, I pushed
the button on the microwave that's a one button 30-second blast - as I pushed
it in, I heard a double-beep, and sure enough, the timer was counting down
from 1 minute - maybe there's something to that first part of my subject
line ;-)
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA