Package manager Error - FC5

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Mar 24 02:23:09 UTC 2006

AdabalaP at schneider.com wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> When i try to a perform "Add/Remove Software" on my new FC5 install with
> GNOME as the window manager i get the following error:
>
> Unable to retrieve software information
>
> Am i missing any RPMS ?
>
> Thanks.

You can see if the software updater is complete by opening up a terminal
and verifying pirut using rpm -qaV.

Mostly though, the problem is due to repos not being reachable for the
program to operate. The program relies on access to the same repos that
yum and the software updater use. Getting updates from the CDs or DVD do
not work right now. The problem should be fixed soon in an update for
FC5. (not sure of when)

Jim

--
"As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a
thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something."