is NetworkManager running with ndiwrapper-driven cards?

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Fri Mar 24 06:36:37 UTC 2006

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:36:52 +0100 (CET)
> "Roger Grosswiler" <roger at gwch.net> opined:
>> Hey list,
>>
>> I have a d-link dwl-g650+ running with ndiswrapper. Is
>> NetworkManager supporting ndiswrapper/dlink too?
>>
>> I searched with google, but found nothing...
>>
>> Roger
>>
> I THINK it has more to do with the card than ndiswrapper. Can you use
> - have you tried MadWifi?
>
> I have NEVER had any success with NM. In the alternative, I use
> profiles to boot with the wired or wireless connection. Plus, I
> prefer static IPs on the network.
>
> --
David,

I dunno where i wrote my answer - but yes, i got it up and running
yesterday. I was using livna's ndiswrapper (which in fact did not run out
of the box, i had a little workaround to do)

I have to say - i really like it, now i can choose with one click, which
network to use.

NetworkManager never was an option before, as it did not support wpa as it
does today.

So i can say, i am very happy with Network-Manager. What is your problem
around NM? The card?

Roger