CIFS VFS: Send error in read = -13

rus rus at forgecom.co.uk
Fri Mar 24 09:28:19 UTC 2006

Hi all

I've recently upgraded my FC4 box to FC5 (upgrade, not a clean install)
and my CIFS mounts are severely broken!

They mount OK as before.. I can navigate around with 'cd' and 'ls' as
expected, but when I try to actually open a file, I get a read error,
and 'dmesg' reports..

CIFS VFS: Send error in read = -13

I can browse the shares in Gnome OK - I guess that uses gnome-vfs, but I
really prefer to have things mounted as I still use the command line a
lot, and still not all apps seem to use gnome-vfs.

Any ideas?

an example line from my fstab..

//10.10.10.90/k-drive  /mnt/k-drive  cifs
defaults,uid=rus,gid=users,file_mode=0777,user=administrator,pass=xxx,dom=monaco 0 0

--
                         ''~``
                        ( o o )