Scribus in FC5

Peter Lesterhuis peterlesterhuis at tiscali.nl
Fri Mar 24 10:25:17 UTC 2006

> After  upgrade to FC5 Scribus is not working any more from graphical
> menu and if started in a terminal I get:
>
> Scribus: error while loading shared libraries:libssl.so.5: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>
> I filed a bug to bugzilla: any idea???
> --
> Antonio Montagnani

Same error here.
I found out that after the upgrade to FC5 my yum.repos.d was not properly configured. I had my local mirrorlist (local-base, local-updates) still pointing at FC4 mirrors. After correction and reinstallation of scribus it launched fine.
I'm not sure if yours is the same problem, but if you have yum configured with a local (and not updated) mirrorlist it might be worth looking at.
Peter