fc-5 and selinux

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Fri Mar 24 14:41:24 UTC 2006

Jacques B. wrote:
> On 3/22/06, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Have you tried the new policy on ftp://people.redhat.com/dwalsh/SELinux/FC5 ?
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> --
>>

> I was having an issue with trying to host a site on a non standard
> port and it was a SELinux issue.  I corrected it, but still don't know
> SELinux and trying to learn more.  Do these policies get updated
> during a regular yum update?  I read a recent post where it was
> mentioned that there was a change being made for desktop users because
> of issues such as the one discussed here (scanners & USB devices).  Is
> this something that is done during a regular yum update?  Or a
> template that we apply (like security policies in the MS Windows
> world) if we so desire?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jacques B.

Yes this will show up as a update release.  Right now they are in the
fedora-testers, to make sure there is no
major regressions.  They usually stay their for a few days and then I
will move it to updates.  Probably on
Monday.  I also throw them out on my people page immediately to get
feedback as fast as possible.

ftp://people.redhat.com/dwalsh/SELinux/FC5