vmware and FC5

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Fri Mar 24 15:21:05 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 14:08 -0600, James Dickson wrote:
> The vmware-any-any-patch98 worked for me...

	Be aware that there is a "vmware-any-any-patch99" in that directory as
of March 23 (yesterday, when you posted) and the readme.txt file mumbles
something about VMware server beta 1 and being needed for FC5.

	http://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/readme.txt

	http://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/vmware-any-any-update99.tar.gz

	Always check for the latest.

> On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 16:48 +0100, Andreas Wahlert wrote:
> > Hans Müller schrieb:
> > > when I try run vmware-config to build the kernel modules
> > > then I get this error:
> > > The kernel defined by this directory of header files dos not have the same address space size as
> > > your running kernel.
> > > But the the right kernel-devel package is installed.
> > >
> > same Problem.
> >
> > I'm trying the vmware-any-any Patch tomorrow. Perhaps this could be a
> > solution.

	Mike