Are RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 manuals a substitute for non-existent FC5 manuals?

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Fri Mar 24 17:46:50 UTC 2006

Hi;

I am just getting ready to download and install FC5 next week.

In FC4, I downloaded and used RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 manuals.  They
were very good guides to such things as:

      * Binary Utilities,
      * Compiler (gcc),
      * Debugger (gdb),
      * Development Tools,
      * GNU Assembler (as),
      * GNU Linker (ld),
      * Maximum RPM,
      * Preprocessor (cpp),
      * Reference,
      * Security,
      * SELinux,
      * Step by Step,
      * System Admin; and,
      * System Admin Intro.

These were mostly very good substitutes for the Fedora Core 4 operating
system manuals that don't yet exist.  I have checked the RedHat
documentation site and these guides all seem to be still in use for the
latest RedHat system.  Are they still applicable to Fedora Core 5?  If
not, is there any recommendations of some other source or set of
manuals.

Regards Bill