Wireless adapter for FC5

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 24 20:41:39 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 09:44 +0100, Frank-Michael Fischer wrote:
> Gerry Tool wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of a currently available pcmcia wireless card that will
> > work "out of the box" with FC5 using a linux native driver?
> >
> > I prefer 801.11g, but will settle for a 801.11b if necessary to get
> > hassle-free operation.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Gerry
> >

> *Take Netgear WG511, works just fine at 801.11g*
>
> *FMF*

Thanks for replying, Frank.  I had actually narrowed my choices down to
that family of cards looking at several web sites about linux drivers.
I am currently bidding on a WG511T card on e-bay.  I didn't want to
blindly buy a WG511 since there is a note on
http://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_hostif.php?hostif=Cardbus&zoek=Show
about a WG511 v2 that does not work, and it seems impossible to tell
what version you are getting until you look at the actual card.  There
aren't any such notes about the "T" model, so I went for that one.  I
hope it will work as well as your WG511 card.

Gerry