Installing FC5 x86_64 With Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra

I just tried to install FC5 x86_64 using both DVD and an NFS image install on my wife's Athlon 64 machine which is equipped with:

Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra video card
Dell 2405FPW flat panel monitor (which includes a whole bunch of flash card readers, USB and sound ports)

When the DVD boots up the boot: screen image shows just fine.
typing 'linux mediacheck' or 'linux askmethod' at the boot: prompt also works fine until anaconda tries to bring up X.

The graphical X installer wouldn't come up at all. Text utilities such as mediacheck work fine.

This means I can't install in graphical mode at all.

I see from checking the postings that the problem is kernel-related and a new kernel is expected. How do I get the install to work -- do it in text mode and update to a newer kernel? Is there a way to get anaconda to boot with a substitute kernel not on the installation CD?

Thanks

Bob Cochran