Package manager Error - FC5

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Mar 25 03:24:55 UTC 2006

AdabalaP at schneider.com wrote:
> Yes, I am trying to use the "Add/Remove Software" immediately after FC5
> install. I actually want to install additional software from the CD.
>
> Thank you.

The program does not handle installing from the CD yet. It is based on
yum nd yum is designed to use repositories that are Internet bound in
most cases, unless you created local repositories.

Depending on your familiarity with yum, creating repositories locally,
you might need to become familiar with how to set up a local repo if you
have no Internet connection you can use.

Jim