Re: Kernel disinstallation during upgrade

antonio montagnani wrote:
I find that disinsallation of old kernels during upgrade from
FC4-to-FC5 is a funny decision: I wonder what happens if for any
reason you cannot boot with new kernel.
And I do not agree with such a decision: any technical reason???
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag

If you go through the upgrade from FC4->5 and things don't work, I doubt you could "simply" boot one of the old kernels.

So much other stuff changed, I would think it is all a "package deal". Actually, I thought it was nice that the loader update (which was optional) cleans house like that.

Don