Installing without a CD drive

LarryT guess.who at freesurf.fr
Sat Mar 25 11:27:09 UTC 2006

Download all the cd isos or better : the dvd iso !
I imagine you have the dvd iso :

installing on another pc :
mount -o loop dvd.iso /tmp/fc5
(you have to create the fc5 directory in tmp)
then run install with "linux askmethod" at the boot , without the quote,
and choose ftp or nfs , and enjoy :)
(ftp if you have a ftp server)

installing on the same pc :
put the dvd.iso on a partition you want, and verify the partition : is
it hda3 or hdc5 or ......
Then then run install with "linux askmethod" at the boot , without the
quote, and choose harddrive
and choose /dev/hdc5 if it is the partition where the iso is
enjoy :)

Larry
"Computers are like air conditioners - They stop working properly when
you open Windows !"