new question on mediacheck

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Mar 25 15:43:09 UTC 2006

Anil Kumar Sharma wrote:

> Thanks Jim, but same was the case when I started with FC4.
>
> Back to main problem.
> UC, In the updates that are announced by fedora-announce-list, each
> file's sha1sum is available.
> Can somebody point where the sha1sum of individual file can be found for
> the files included in the release iso's.
> I just didn't see / notice this simple thing.
>
> --
> Anil Kumar Shrama

I usually rely on the file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

referenced in the repo files for yum to verify authentication.

You probably can verify each package using sha1sum using the key against
the sum referenced in the announcement. I have not tried that approach.
The approach seems a bit time consuming for many updates included. The
packages should be signed using the key referenced above.

Jim

--
About the only thing on a farm that has an easy time is the dog.