KsCD Sound

Danny Ciarniello Dan_Ciarniello at telus.net
Sat Mar 25 17:11:14 UTC 2006

Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 22:10 -0800, Danny Ciarniello wrote:
>
>> For some reason, I can't get any sound out of KsCD.  Sound generally
>> works fine.  mplayer, xmms, amaroK, realplayer, kaffeine all play
>> sound.  Kaffeine plays DVDs and CDs (with sound).  KsCD reads the CDDB
>> entry for a CD and plays the CD but there is no sound.  Any
>> suggestions would be appreciated.
>>

> Audio lead between CD player and sound card?

Well it turns out that I do not have an audio lead between my CD and the
sound card.  I will have to have a talk with the people who put my
computer together about that.

If this is indeed the problem, am I to take it that KsCD uses analog
audio while kaffeine uses digital audio?  Is there a way to configure
KsCD to use digital audio?  I have tried every setting that I can think
of without success.  I only ask that out of curiosity since I think I
would rather use analog if it's available given that I think that it
would be less of a drain on system resources.

Dan.