Re: Finding Installed Packages

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Les Mikesell wrote:

On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 14:09, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

Well, what I'm doing is:

I'm going to leave the packages installed as they are, and I am currently
Downloading the Java SDK5.0 from Sun's official site... It's a massive 131MB
download, and in .bin format, so I really hope it gets registered with rpm's
db for updates...

It doesn't if you just use the built-in installer.

Grab the Sun .bin package, then get the jpackage.org nosource RPM and
follow the instructions for building a FC-compatible set of RPMs from the
.bin.

Do you have a link to the specific instructions you mean?  I always
get lost in the vast quantity of different versions on jpackage.org.

http://www.jpackage.org/rebuilding.php

The FC5 way to do the initial setup step is to install fedora-rpmdevtools, then run fedora-buildrpmtree as the user doing the building.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu