Re: (fedora) Re: NVIDIA drivers working yet?

Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info> wrote on 24-MAR-2006 19:29:19.31

>Am Dienstag, den 21.03.2006, 11:36 -0700 schrieb Mark Hutchinson:
>> I need to get the nvidia drivers installed on FC5.
>> Does anyone have this working yet?
>> I have kernel-devel installed and am trying to use the NVIDIA-8178 drivers from
>> nvidia.com but the build always fails.  There does not seem to be any drivers
>> at livna yet either.
>>
>> Anyone know how to get them in?
>
>Livna has rpms of the driver and the kernel-modules now in livna-testing
>( http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/testing/5/ ); they need the kernel 2069
>from updates-testing. fglrx is there, too; x86_64 fglrx is still missing
>due to build problems. Modules for xen0 are missing for the same reason.

 I tried to install these nvidia modules on top of kernel 2069. For me it
did the opposite from what I expected. Instead of a 3D acceleration all GLX
capability was removed from the screen.

I use a Asus V9520/TD graphic card (GforceX, Nvidia chip set) which worked
correct with the the livna nvidia modules for all kernels of FC4.

                 Jouk Jansen

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj hrem nano tudelft nl

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd