The pet supermarket relay?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Mar 25 21:58:09 UTC 2006

Barry Yu wrote:

> */Jim Cornette <fc-cornette at insight.rr.com>/* wrote:
>> How are you sending mail? Are you using pop3 or using the web
>> interface? If I am determining the information from the message source,
>> you are using the web interface via http. See if you can setup one of
>> the many email clients, (evo, moz, tbird, kmail ...) and see if you are
>> still getting your messages sent through a third party. There should be
>> a page that explains how to setup pop3 mail on the sbcglobal homepage.
>>
>> Jim
>

> The first time I encountered this problem was using Thunderbird
> (Which I've been using all the time - setup with pop ans smtp, my
> messages were blocked, and then I used webmail, but apparently still
> being blocked.

Well that shoots down that theory. I believe the sbcglobal web interface
tears up the messages quite a bit. Thunderbird mail as you previously
used is probably better.
With SBC, do you get about 5 accounts to use? What would happen if you
created a sub account and set it up via tbird and subscribed with the
new account that you created to fedora-list?
My second hunch, since my first hunch was off target is that you are the
  account which the petsmart relay is setup to.
I really suppose that you are alright and that sbcglobal is not blocking
those postings as roadrunner seems to be blocking from petsmart or
whatever it is called. I never got one of those messages but dd get the
autoreply from a previous problem with pwahaley or whatever it was.

Jim
--
Massachusetts has the best politicians money can buy.