The pet supermarket relay?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sat Mar 25 22:16:31 UTC 2006

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 25 March 2006 15:51, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> >The ONLY time I get the pet supermarket reply is when I send email to
> > Fedora User's group.  I do NOT get it sending email to testers,
> > selinux fedora group.  So I am guessing that *somehow* between my
> > various mail clients (I used Outlook, OpenOffice Email, Thunderbird,
> > and sendmail) and from different outgoing email sites (I have two
> > different ones; M$ Echange and sendmail) email destinied to the
> > Fedora User's group gets intercepted and replys are sent back to the
> > sender.
>
> That is NOT the case, as has been explained by many here, including me.
> FWIW, several of the debian-users lists and the various other redhat
> lists are also similarly effected.
>
> I am sick of the thread, as are 99% of the folks here, it goes on and on
> seemingly forever as each new subscriber comes roaring in here
> demanding the list management fix it.  We cannot and we have tried.
>
> Now, if you would like to join uol.com.br as a /dev/null target in
> my .procmailrc, I can accomodate you quite easily.  We've asked you to
> do something similar so that you don't see them and you've refused,
> insisting that you and only you are correct in the assessment of the
> problem.  Please either add a filter rule to stop it from bothering
> you, or just plain go away, something I'm very hesitant to say because
> most are educateable, while you of course know it all and are not.  The
> choice is yours.  You've been repeatedly told to ignore and delete
> those messages or write a filter to stop them as they have absolutely
> NOTHING to do with this list other than a message FROM this list to
> someone unidentified is being RELAYED to an address at uol.com.br,
> which in turn generates the C/R response you are getting.
>
> We don't know who it is, there is no one with a uol.com.br address
> subscribed to this, or any of the other lists so afflicted.
>
> Your messages TO this list aren't being blocked, nor are the messages
> coming to YOU FROM this list.  petsupermarket at uol.com.br is nothing but
vnoise, filter it or go away.

I see you are blowing a gasket here :-)  All I am saying is that by my
OBSERVATION I simply note that I get the pet supermarket emails when I
post email to the fedora user's list.  I send mail everywhere else and
I do not have Pet supermart mail replies sent to me.  Where the problem
ORIGINATES I have NO IDEA nor did I offer to think where it might be.

Yes, I can block messages from Pet Supermarket so that is not a problem
for me.

Kind regards,
Dan