Nvidia and Fedora 3-5

Randy Vice damocles at thenostromo.com
Sat Mar 25 22:39:04 UTC 2006

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Mauriat Miranda wrote:

<snip>

> Plain and simple Fedora requires extra steps (whereas something like
> Suse or Mandriva etc do many extra steps *for* you). If this wasn't
> obvious (over the past 4 releases) I hope it is now.
>
> With each distributions there are compromises. Suse is *very* nice
> btw, if it serves your needs don't waste your time with Fedora.

But having nVidia driver for FC option would suit my needs.  Is this
mostly over politics of closed v. open?  There really should be an easy
option during the install if the end user wants FC setup with nVidia
driver or xorg's.  I think that's a pretty reasonable option to give
folks.

Randy

--
: damocles at TheNostromo.com : Bruce Morrow, a man before and after his time :
: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood  :