yumex vs yum

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Mar 26 12:45:26 UTC 2006

A.J. Bonnema wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just installed FC5 without any big problems (ATI card aside).
>
>  From Yumex I found that installing some packages resulted in success &&
> these packages not being installed. Repeatedly.
> Using 'Yum install' the packages were successfully installed and the
> rpm's were really installed.
>
> I was wondering whether any of you guys encountered this problem?
> Is it a bug? Should I report it?
>
> P.S. I am running AMD64 with the 64-bit version of FC5.
>
> Guus.

If you are using the yumex version from Extras, a bug report would be
helpful to inform the developer / maintainer that there is a problem so
it can be corrected.
I had a similar problem with pup during the development cycle. Reporting
the problem resorted in a fix for the program. (Actually policies for
SELinux related to the program.)

Jim

--
Massachusetts has the best politicians money can buy.