sound in mplayer (livna)

Oldman talbotscott at cox.net
Sun Mar 26 16:47:48 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 10:50 +0200, Juan L. Pastor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed mplayer from Freshrpms.net along with all the needed
> packages, that is:
>
> mplayer-1.0-0.26.20060314.fc5.i386.rpm
> faac-1.24-2.fc5.i386.rpm
> mplayer-fonts-1.1-3.fc.noarch.rpm
> libmpcdec-1.2.2-2.fc5.i386.rpm
> xvidcore-1.1.0-2.fc5.i386.rpm
>
> I have also installed all the codecs from mplayer home page, that is
> all-20050412.tar file.
>
> I have not had any problem with this setup, but once I made an update
> with yum update, mplayer from livna was installed, and the sound is just
> noise in some of the videos I try to play. These are the files installed
> from livna:
>
> mplayer-fonts-1.1-3.lvn5
> mplayer-1.0-0.36.pre7try2.lvn5
>
> Any hint on how to solve this?
>
> Juan

	I'm a little suspicious of the libmpcdec, otherwise I see no problems.
find out what that rpm is (rpm -qi libmpcdec) find out if it is codecs
and if so for what.  What format are the videos with the problem in?
(mpg, avi h.264 etc?).

	FWiW I installed everything mplayer from livna and have had no problems
- Good luck

Scott