No GLX with FC5 and Mobility Radeon 9600.

Kedar Patankar kedarnp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 18:03:22 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a emachines M6805 laptop. Its a Athlon-64 machine with 512MB RAM and
Mobility Radeon 9600 (M10) and built-in 54g (broadcom) based wifi. I was
very interested to try out FC5 because xorg 7 is supposed to have
accelerated 3D support for the radeon and the new broadcom wifi driver is
also included in FC5.

After tweaking the xorg.conf file, I managed to get 1280x800 native on the
widescreen LCD of this laptop, but no GL. glxinfo or glxgears gives an error
saying "Failed GL request" or some such.

Has anyone had any success in getting any of the R300 radeons working with
dri with 3D acceleration on FC5 using the native xorg "radeon" driver?

Regards/Kedar.