Gaim Doesn't Connect to MSN

Ali Helmy alihelmy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 19:54:18 UTC 2006

[root at Laptop sbin]# ./iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            icmp any
ACCEPT     ipv6-crypt--  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     ipv6-auth--  anywhere             anywhere

ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             224.0.0.251         udp dpt:mdns
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW tcp
dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW udp
dpt:netbios-ns
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW udp
dpt:netbios-dgm
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW tcp
dpt:netbios-ssn
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW tcp
dpt:microsoft-ds
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited

On 26/03/06, Steven Stern <subscribed-lists at sterndata.com> wrote:

> Ali Helmy wrote:
> > Hey mates,
> >
> > My gaim doesnt connect to the ms server at all, i got the account
> set-up:
> > Screen name: lord_seth_ at hotmail.com <mailto:lord_seth_ at hotmail.com>
> > Password: *********
> >
> > It always gives me a warning in the end: Un-able to connect to server...
> >
> > PS: it also doesnt connect to ICQ or Yahoo! either...
> >
> > Suggestions?
> >
> > --
> > A. Helmy
> >

> Firewall?