Removing packages

Ali Helmy alihelmy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 20:01:49 UTC 2006

If you are using fedora 5, than use redhat's new graphical frontend to
yum, pirut (should say something like 'Add/Remove Software' in the
menu). Just go to search and type in the apps you want to get rid of,
and select them for removal.

When I start pirut from the menu, it loads a window that says retireving
system information, then after a little while displays an error: Unable to
retrieve system information, then exits

I will try the rpm whay offered by Gordon, but I dunno what wrong with
pirut... any ideas?

On 26/03/06, Gordon Messmer <yinyang at eburg.com> wrote:

> Ali Helmy wrote:
> >
> > So how exactly do I list find and list all their rpms so that I can
> > remove them using rpm?
>
> Determine the path:
> $ which epiphany
>
> Determine the package:
> $ rpm -qf `which epiphany`
>
> Remove the package:
> $ yum remove `rpm -qf \`which epiphany\``
>

> --

A. Helmy