Re: Fedora Core 4 - errors at bootup - RESOLVED

This issue is now resolved. Installed a different IDE cable and error disappeared. Thank you Ed for your suggestions and to everyone who read my post.

Jaysen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Greshko" <Ed Greshko greshko com>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list redhat com>
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: Fedora Core 4 - errors at bootup

Jaysen Johnson wrote:
I recently built a brand new Fedora Server and on boot up I noticed the
following errors occuring.  I am not sure what they are or why they are
appearing.  It appears to be an issue with my primary hard drive.  I run
two 80GB Western Digital drives in a Software RAID 1.   Had anyone seen
these errors before and if so, what can I do to fix it.

Thanks

Jaysen

hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown

Check your cables.  Most CRC errors I've seen were caused by bad cables.
If you can, swap the cables between drives and see if the problem
moves.  You are using properly rated cables for the IDE speeds you are
running, right?  (80 wires v.s. 40 wires)