Beep media player and XMMS minimize issues on FC5

Simon Bøggild hjorth at mip.sdu.dk
Sun Mar 26 21:42:47 UTC 2006

I installed Beep media player (bmp.i386 0.9.7.1-4.fc5) from extras, but
I'm having some issues with it. When I press the minimize button on it,
it does not minimize, instead all other open windows start flickering
and disappearing for a while, but the bmp window still stays where it
is. Can anyone else confirm this behavior? and does anyone know what is
going on?
The same problem is also present with the newest version of bmp from
bmp's own FC5 repository

Reading through Fedoraforum.org it seems the same problem is present for
XMMS. Both are programs that do not use window decorations. Has Metacity
in FC5 been patched in a way for this problem to occur? I have not
experienced this issue on other distros running Gnome 2.14 (with
Metacity 2.14)

Regards,
Simon