NO Sound on Dell. Intel sound experts available?

Leon sdl.web at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 01:06:31 UTC 2006

If you can start mixer, chances are the driver is working.

If you have gnome-volume-control installed, you can see there are two
devices for example in my laptop:
   1. intel 82801dB-4ch (alsa mixer)
   2. SigamaTel STAC9750 (oss mixer)

Be careful with alsamixer, set 'master' and 'pcm' to non-zero doesn't
mean the sound isn't muted. You might also need to change other
options.

--
Leon