Re: Yuming/Updating via ISO's

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Mike Chambers wrote:

My fedora.repo file points to a mirror site or wherever.  What if I have
the ISO's?  Can I use them to install initial packages from (if there
are no updates/testing ones) instead?

I'd certainly be interested to hear the simplest way to do this,
eg I'd like to run "yum groupinstall" from the CDs
from a working FC5 system.

I going to try to update my "Yum Repo from Images" HOWTO to include using CD ISO images for those people that don't have the DVD ISO. As I don't have the CD ISOs myself though, there's a bit of information I need: where is the comps.xml file? On the DVD ISO it can be found in the "repodata" directory and has the following MD5SUM (i386):

3c64b01ab4602f6a07dc47e26e96326f  comps.xml

Is that on CD1 in the same place? Is it the same file?

Paul.