Any HAM Radio Fedora stuff

Ferguson, Michael ferguson at BRVMLAW.COM
Mon Mar 27 12:37:43 UTC 2006

Joanne and Fred,

Thanks also for the info.

73s

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Fred Erickson
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 12:35 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: Any HAM Radio Fedora stuff

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 20:25 -0500, Ferguson, Michael wrote:
> G'Day All,
>
> Are there any HAMS on this list.
> I am quite comfortable with Linux (Red Hat and Suse) and own all paid
> versions of Red Hat up to ES4 and Suse ES 9 or 10, not sure.
>
> Tell me, are there any HAM related Open Source software that might
> prove befeficial for a newly licensed HAM?
> I am also looking for any software that will be configure my new ICOM
> W32A.
>
> Thanks and 73s
>
> --

Hello Michael,

Welcome to ham radio. I can´t help you with the Icom software but if you want to try, without installing, several general purpose ham related programs, download the Knoppix cd made by DG7MGY. AR/AFU 3.7 is the version I have. Do a search on the call sign to get the web page. The default language for the cd is German but if you look for the ¨cheat codes¨ in the readme file before installing, it includes directions for changing the keyboard layout to other languages. I think Suse, before being bought by Novell, used to have a number of ham programs included on the distro.

73,
Fred, KL7FE