NO Sound on Dell. Intel sound experts available?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 27 12:32:19 UTC 2006

Leon:
>> Be careful with alsamixer, set 'master' and 'pcm' to non-zero doesn't
>> mean the sound isn't muted. You might also need to change other
>> options.

Aaron Konstam:
> The above statements double negative makes it seem backwards to me. If
> the bottom of a column has a MM in it the channel represented is muted.

I think Leon is referring to this:  You can raise the volumes, but you
may still have no sound if they're still muted.  Raising the volume
controls doesn't cancel a mute switch, and lowering a volume control to
zero doesn't switch on the mute.  They're independent.

I read messages from the public lists.