Something positive for this nice monday morning

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 27 13:04:17 UTC 2006

Jacques B. wrote:
>>> For my home system I used the GUI to change SELinux to
>>> none as I was having a minor flash plugin install problem.

Tim:
>> Care to elaborate?  We tried installing plugins for Flash, and the
>> installation appeared to work, but Flash didn't.  On a hunch, I tried
>> changing SELinux to permissive, and loaded a test page.  This time Flash
>> did work.

Roger Grosswiler:
> sorry, i am not at home, and cannot check.

Whenever you get a chance, or anybody else who can check, I'd be
interested to know.

> is enforcing the policy which is installed by default?

It was for us.  Started an install without customising anything other
than where GRUB was supposed to be (which didn't work, by the way, I had
to hand install it afterward).

> i remember testing it with go.icq.com, it launched the login page, but
> login was not possible, so perhaps, this was the issue. otherwise on
> disabled it worked fine. so, in permissive mode it works too?

Permissive is supposed to allow you do what you're trying, but log any
errors that SELinux *would* have produced had it stopped what was being
done.

I read messages from the public lists.